Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@hepcoe.com> on 2005/02/09 14:32:00 UTC

Upgrade plan -- input requested

Hi all.  I'm planning an upgrade from 2.64 to 3.02.   At the same time,
I plan to move SA to newer hardware and also to upgrade from Slackware
9.1 to Slackware 10.   My main concern is keeping my currently excellent
false positive and false negative ratios at roughly the same level.
Fortunately, I'll be in a position where I can keep my 2.64 box as my
production system and have my MTA (Exim) send a copy of every incoming
email to the new machine as well to be run through SA 3.02.
Theoretically, I should be able to compare the spam detection rates on
each system and, when the new system is as good or better than the 2.64
system, promote the 3.02 box to production.   However, I don't have a
clear idea in my head as to how best to compare detection rates.   Has
anyone else tried this and have ideas to share?    I use amavis-new as
the interface between Exim and SA.