Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 00:24:43 UTC

Multi-module site problems: parent pom not downloaded

My apologies for what I am sure is just dumb user error.  However, I could
not find the proper documentation to read.

I have a multi-module project.  All of the submodules inherit from the root
pom.xml.

This root pom.xml inherits, in turn, from a corporate pom.xml that is
hosted elsewhere.  Consequently it has no relative path, and the implied
relative path of .. obviously does not resolve.  This is all fine; no other
aspects of Maven have problems with this arrangement.

When I invoke mvn site from the root, the site plugin attempts to locate
this corporate pom in the repository.  It is present locally.

However, the site plugin attempts to download it from--only--Maven central,
where it is not found.

The build fails at this point with this error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0:site (default-site) on
project ngp-parent: SiteToolException: Unable to read local module-POM: 1
problem was encountered while building the effective model for
com.foobar:foobar-bizbaw:1.010-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR] [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
com.foobar:foobar-parent:1.010-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
com.foobar:foobar-corporate-pom:pom:12 in central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong
local POM @ com.foobar:foobar-parent:1.010-SNAPSHOT,
/Users/ljnelson/Projects/foobar/pom.xml, line 10, column 11

What do I do to start diagnosing this error?  I stress again that version
12 of the corporate pom is indeed in the local repository, and is present
in one of the repositories present in my settings.xml.  Neither repository
is consulted.

Thanks,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson

RE: Multi-module site problems: parent pom not downloaded

Posted by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com>.
Hi

Maybe you can try adding mirror to make it download only though your repo.

Br,
Tim