Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Senthil Sivasubramanian S <Se...@elind.com> on 2004/09/23 09:08:40 UTC

Query on XMLLayout

When I try to log

"<Node Name="Object"><Field Name="Instrument" Value="Xyz"/></Node>"

through the XMLLayout for the FileAppender, the log4net library logs
this message within a <![CDATA[...]]> section. I believe the log4net
library is doing this because of the presence of all those unknown XML
tags.

How can I avoid log4net from placing the message within the CDATA
section, since I am sure of the validity of those <Node> and <Field> XML
tags being properly placed. My intent is to use an XML viewer to open
the XML log output and be able to study the logs after a sort based on
these <Node> and <Field> XML tags.

Thanks.

--
Senthil SS.