Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2013/06/30 14:40:49 UTC

Linux support status?

Justin,

Can you update us on the status of Linux support in the 4.10 release?
What is left to be done?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
For the Pixelbender zip... Can't we 'produce' it on the Jenkins build
machine and publish them as a 'nightly'?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
> Adobe is on summer break this week, but after that, I could explore the
> idea of getting the PB compiler donated to Apache, if folks think that is
> desireable.

Big +1 to this idea.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> What would it take to be able to say that the installer can
> install the convenience binary on Linux?
Not required if the compiled files are already part of the binary package (as they currently are) and that would be easier to do/currently the case than adding an extra step to the installer.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think it will be a lot of work to get the pbk files to compile to pbj on
Linux.  What would it take to be able to say that the installer can
install the convenience binary on Linux?

It might be possible to use Apache Extras for the pbj files.

Adobe is on summer break this week, but after that, I could explore the
idea of getting the PB compiler donated to Apache, if folks think that is
desireable.

-Alex

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 30, 2013 6:10 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Can you update us on the status of Linux support in the 4.10 release?
> > What is left to be done?
>
> See JIRA but basically I think the the bare minimum would be:
> - Work out a way to obtain the compiled zip of pixel bender files or host
them somewhere.
> - Get all the mustella tests to compile. I don't think we can easily get
100% of tests to pass but if we had a baseline that would be a start.
> - Fix some of the mustella path case issues.
> - Fix AIR version in config file in installer via build script change.
> - Test installer works on linux and fix if needed (it compiles but seem
there may be an issue with the MD5 check?)
> - Fix up readme/release notes and web site
>
> With the last 2 releases we've had very public complaints about lack of
Linux support.

But very little help in actually fixing these issues.  I wish more folks
helped out with these issues.

What about adding Linux support in a future release.  This sounds like a
lot of work and no one is really working to fix the issues for a release.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Linux support status?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.