Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/07/02 12:54:51 UTC

[GUMP] jxpath's build.xml contains "bad" paths

Hi,

the build file for jxpath has been regenerated and it now contains
some awkward looking paths like

  <property name="defaulttargetdir" value="D:\jakarta-commons\jxpath/target">

instead of target.  On a Unix machine Ant will see this as a relative
path to the basedir lateron leading to build failures (that Gump is
supposed to report).

Stefan

Re: [GUMP] jxpath's build.xml contains "bad" paths

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org> wrote:

> I removed the bad paths manually and committed the fix around
> 6:30PM, but GUMP failed anyway at 9PM.  Is it possible that there is
> a manually modified version of build.xml sitting on the machine
> running GUMP?

Unlikely.  Gump first updates all modules and then starts to build,
which could account for a three hour delay between a commit and a
failed build easily.

jxpath failed last night because a unit test failed, so the reason is
different from what we had before.

Thanks for fixing the paths.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which paths were broken?

Those being set as properties at the top of the generated build file
(the properties ending in "dir").

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/jxpath/build.xml?r1=1.20&r2=1.21>

BTW, while reviewing Dimitri's patch:

<property value="${basedir}/foo"/> is equivalent to
<property location="foo"/> since Ant 1.2.  And the basedir prefix in
<path location/> is redundant.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Most of these have been fixed in recent maven releases.

Which paths were broken?