Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/13 22:26:21 UTC

Plans for JakartaEE 9 and 10

Hi,

today Arjan posted:

- Jakarta EE9 -> Jakarta Faces 3.0 -> which is 1:1 JSF2.3, just with
jakarta packages
- Jakarta EE10 -> Jakarta Faces 4.0 -> real new version with removed
ManagedBeans + new features

Therefore i will do the following the next weeks:
1) Fork the 2.3 branch as 3.0 branch and rename all javax.faces ->
jakarta.faces; when geronimo specs are ready, we can also move e.g. to
jakarta.inject instead
2) Release a 2.3-next-M2
3) Make trunk (currently 2.3-next) 4.0-SNAPSHOT and also rename packages to
jakarta.faces

WDYT?

Best regards,
Thomas

Re: Plans for JakartaEE 9 and 10

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I've already started migrating quite a few specs some time ago.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/jakarta/

Might be a start.

LieGrue,
strub