Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com> on 2008/04/24 19:51:41 UTC

Best solution? Quote->Create Order entering PO number

Hi,

Currently, in Release 4 version, when creating an order from a Quote the
system jumps to the Payment form Screen within the order entry process.
Because of this there is no where to enter a PO number for the order. The PO
number can only be entered in the step prior to choosing the order items.
The Payment form Screen comes after the Order Items screen.
So, I need to come up with a solution.

With my limited experience I've come up with the following possibilities:
Adding a new screen,
or add fields to enter the PO number in screens further in the process (on
the payment screen?),
 or add a field in the "Receive Payment" page list the button for which is
active once the order is created.

I would appreciate any ideas from those of you more knowledgeable with the
order entry code.

TIA, Case

---
Case Torres
case@casetorrestech.com

Re: Best solution? Quote->Create Order entering PO number

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at the setPoNumber request in the controller, you should be able
to add the field to any page you like and just modify the request chain to
include a call to that event.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Case,

No matter in which screen you are, before creating the order you can use
"Order Items" link and go to Show cart screen. There on the "Order
Header Info" screen you can enter the PO Number.

If you don't want to go to "Show cart" screen, you can add new screen,
or a new field in all the screens before order creation.

Bilgin

RE: Best solution? Quote->Create Order entering PO number

Posted by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com>.
Excuse me, clicking on "Create Order" from the Quote screen renders the
"Ship-To Settings" page not the Payments Page. Same problems exists however.

Case Torres
case@casetorrestech.com