Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bari, Naeem" <na...@Meridinet.com> on 2001/06/22 22:03:59 UTC

Help! strange bahavior when opening url with JSESSIONID explicitl y set

Hi all,

My environment:
	Solaris 8
	Tomcat 3.2.2
	jdk1.2

I have a need to open URLs on tomcat from within my code.
I have done this successfully with JServ, no problem
To do this with Tomcat, I just changed the cookie
to JSESSIONID.

After setting the cookie and posting the post data, I
call URLConnection.getInputStream(). At this point 2 things
happen:

 - The method call never returns
 - Tomcat spins out of control, refusing to answer any requests

Any suggestions would be *much* appreciated, I am banging
my head against the wall right now.

I have tried to encode the session id as ";jsessionid=<sessionid>"
on the URL string to see if GET would work where POST was not -
no difference.

Thanks,
naeem

Re: Help! Novice to Tomcat

Posted by Francis Callo <fr...@yahoo.com>.
increase the memory allocation for that particular
file or batch file. In the startup.bat PIF file right
click on it and the click on the i think if i remember
it correctly the "menory" tab or something and the
increase the memory allocation. Hit ok and the run the
startup.bat again. Hope that helps...

May the source be with U
Francis

--- Ganga <bg...@ol.com.au> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am unable to startup Tomcat3.2.2. Any help to
> resolve my problem is much
> appreciated.
>
> I have downloaded jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2zip and I have
> extracted the file
> under c:\tomcat directory.
>
> I have also added the following in tomcat.bat
>
> 	set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomct
> 	set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3.0_02;%path%
>
> My PC is Windows ME and following is error message:
>
> 	C:\tomcat\bin>startup
> 	Out of environment space
> 	Including all jars in c:\tomcat\lib in your
> CLASSPATH.
> 	Out of environment space
>
> 	Using CLASSPATH: c:\tomcat\classes
>
> 	Out of environment space
> 	Starting Tomcat in new window
> 	Cannot find file

'c:\jdk1.3.0_02;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\WINDOWS\SMITH

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Help! Novice to Tomcat