Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jérôme Etévé <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/16 18:58:15 UTC

Replication filelist command failure on container restart

Hi All,
 I'm facing a small problem with the replication handler:

After restarting my master container (tomcat),
/admin/replication/index.jsp shows me the right information,
basically the same indexversion as before the restart (no
commits/optimize have been done after restart):

Local Index   	 Index Version: 1255709893043, Generation: 8

However, if I query the handler with the filelist command and this
version number :
/replication?command=filelist&indexversion=1255709893043 , the handler
gives me an error:

<str name="status">invalid indexversion</str>

So I think my slaves will get confused if this information doesn't
remain consistent after a master container restart.

Is there a way to go around this problem, for instance by triggering a
commit on startup (or reload) ?

Thanks!

Jerome.

--
Jerome Eteve.
http://www.eteve.net

Fwd: Replication filelist command failure on container restart

Posted by Jérôme Etévé <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jerome Eteve.
http://www.eteve.net

--
Jerome Eteve.
http://www.eteve.net

Re: Replication filelist command failure on container restart

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.