Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/04/25 17:05:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit 2.2 deprecated

The Apache Jackrabbit Team has decided that since the 2.2 branch of the
project didn’t receive any activity since 2012 and looks like not being
used any more; to drop support and deprecate such version. Previous
branch, tags and releases will still be available for future references.

Regards
Davide

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit 2.2 deprecated

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/jackrabbit-history.html seems to show
that there has been no activity on anything since 2011!
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/downloads.html shows otherwise.

Is there any reason that a new user would or should chose 2.4.x or 2.6.x ?
Could they also be removed from the download page and still kept on
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/?

Is there any reason to support 2.4 and 2.6 which are pretty old - last
fixed in 2013
Is there some compelling reason why a person could not upgrade to a
later or the latest version if they find an issue with 2.4.x or 2.6.x
that would require support.

I have moved up the releases pretty easily but perhaps my case is
special or my usage very unsophisticated(more likely).

Are there known problems that require having so many supported versions?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President