Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/07/22 13:41:46 UTC

LoginAdministrative whitelisting patch ready for review

Hi,

Feedback on the patch that I just attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5135 is welcome.

-Bertrand

Re: LoginAdministrative whitelisting patch ready for review

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5135 ...
>> What about provisioning the whitelist with the usual Sling core bundles
>> that are used in an installation, so you can run a "simple" Sling
>> without any configuration?...
>
> The problem with such a hardcoded default configuration is the need to
> release the bundle if we need to change that config.

Well, sure - but as we don't want to introduce new loginAdministrative
calls, it's unlikely to happen. And it's still an OSGi configuration, so
you can override.

I seriously think, Sling should run without any OSGi configuration, at
least the basics. We can discuss what the basics are, but from the list
belowe jcr.oak.server and jcr.base sound pretty basic to me.

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: LoginAdministrative whitelisting patch ready for review

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.