Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2005/06/01 00:05:08 UTC

Re: Renaming DnsResolver::search to send

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:42:20PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> well that's interesting!  So you're saying you let the checks run with a
> longer total run time, in exchange for being able to early-exit based on
> DNSBL lookup results to save CPU time?

FWIW, I think the proposed changes to do short circuiting allowed
this kind of thing to occur if so desired.  Basically, you'd move the
appropriate net rules to a low priority value so they run first, which
would block on getting the results.  By default, those tests would run
at the end, and the rest of the processing could short circuit out first.
Either way, do the queries at the beginning.

We'll have to do some testing wrt this more for 3.2.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 Professor: While you were gone the Trotters held a news conference