Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Co...@eng.sun.com on 2000/11/10 00:09:03 UTC

Latest javax.xml.parsers

Hi,

I sent a patch to xerces-dev, I hope they'll check it in and then we can
get the latest xerces build and check it in.

This would allow us to use javax.xml interfaces to get the XMLReader, and
will eliminate the need to edit XSLTInfo.properties ( you'll just have to
put the desired parser in the CLASSPATH ).

If that happens, we will could either update the javax.xml.parsers in
xalan or just remove it and use the one provided by the parser.

( I think the final distribution shouldn't bundle javax.xml.* with either
the parser nor the xslt implementation, and we should have a separate
jaxp.jar - but that's not a big urgency )

Costin

Re: Latest javax.xml.parsers

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Costin.Manolache@eng.sun.com wrote: