Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anil Philip <go...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/19 00:02:54 UTC

help. newbie error. cannot deploy

Hello,

I am an Axis newbie. Trying to deploy.

I receive an error. Nothing in the logs to show more
detail:

C:\Everest\WebDeploy>java -classpath
C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\axis.jar;

C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\axis-ant.jar;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\commons-discovery-0.2.jar;

C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\jaxrpc.jar;

C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\log4j-1.2.14.jar;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\saaj.jar;

C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\activation.jar;

C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\mail.jar;
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
C:\Everest\WebDeploy\deploy.wsdd

Processing file C:\Everest\WebDeploy\deploy.wsdd

Exception: AxisFault

 faultCode:

 faultSubcode:

 faultString:

 faultActor:

 faultNode:

 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:ITDMWEB01

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil

P.S.
wsdd is

<!-- Use this file to deploy some handlers/chains and
services      -->
<!-- Two ways to do this:
             -->
<!--   java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
deploy.wsdd          -->
<!--      after the axis server is running
             -->
<!-- or
             -->
<!--   java org.apache.axis.utils.Admin client|server
deploy.wsdd   -->
<!--      from the same directory that the Axis engine
runs         -->

<deployment
    xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

  <!-- Services from DonkeyClockService WSDL service
-->

  <service name="DonkeyClock" provider="java:RPC"
style="wrapped" use="literal">
      <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="urn:donkeyclock.deploy"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement"
value="DonkeyClockService"/>
      <parameter name="schemaQualified"
value="urn:donkeyclock.deploy"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServicePort"
value="DonkeyClock"/>
      <parameter name="className"
value="deploy.donkeyclock.DonkeyClockSoapBindingSkeleton"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlPortType"
value="DonkeyClock"/>
      <parameter name="typeMappingVersion"
value="1.2"/>
      <parameter name="scope" value="Session"/>

      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="urn:donkeyclock.deploy"
        qname="ns:ATriggerDetail"
        type="java:deploy.donkeyclock.ATriggerDetail"

        encodingStyle=""
      />
      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="urn:donkeyclock.deploy"
        qname="ns:AJobDetail"
        type="java:deploy.donkeyclock.AJobDetail"

        encodingStyle=""
      />
  </service>
</deployment>

Re: help. newbie error. cannot deploy

Posted by Anil Philip <go...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you, Yura and Luis.
Dropping the log4j.properties into
Tomcat5.5.../WEB-INF/classes enabled me to see the
real error: bad class version. that was easy to fix -
recompile with the correct source level set.
thanks,
Anil

Posted by Luis Rivera <lu...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Philip <go...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Yura Tkachenko <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> [...]

> > >C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
> > > ;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\jaxrpc.jar;

> > > ;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\saaj.jar;

> > > ;C:\Everest\WebDeploy\axis\activation.jar;

> > C:\Everest\WebDeploy\deploy.wsdd

> >{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException

> > handlers/chains

> >xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">

> > provider="java:RPC"
> > > >

> >value="deploy.donkeyclock.DonkeyClockSoapBindingSkeleton"/>
> > value="*"/>
> > value="Session"/>

> >serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"
> > > > >

> >deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"
> > > > >
> > type="java:deploy.donkeyclock.AJobDetail"
> > > > >

> >serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"
> > > > >

> >deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"

Yura.

Re: help. newbie error. cannot deploy

Posted by Anil Philip <go...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for replying.

Posted by Yura Tkachenko <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> [...]

> > >         qname="ns:ATriggerDetail"
> > >
> > type="java:deploy.donkeyclock.ATriggerDetail"
> > >

> >serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"
> > >

> >deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"
> > >         encodingStyle=""
> > >       />
> > >       <typeMapping
> > >         xmlns:ns="urn:donkeyclock.deploy"
> > >         qname="ns:AJobDetail"
> > >         type="java:deploy.donkeyclock.AJobDetail"
> > >

> >serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory"
> > >

> >deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory"
> > >         encodingStyle=""
> > >       />
> > >   </service>
> > ></deployment>

> > >For additional commands, e-mail:
> > axis-user-help@ws.apache.org

> > Valentine's Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E

Yura.

RE: help. newbie error. cannot deploy

Posted by Anil Philip <go...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for replying.