Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Adrien Ruffie <ad...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/15 06:31:49 UTC

zookeeper as systemctl

Hello Kafka's users,
without any response of Zooketreper's users,
I* am **relyin**g on you...*

I have 2 questions for you.

what is the real difference between these 2 following commands ? (I don't
find any documentation)

zkServer.sh start-foreground

and

zkServer.sh start

My second question is, how I can correctly start my zookeeper as a
systemclt service ?

What is the common best template to write into
/etc/systemd/system/zookeeper.service ?

Do you use Restart=always ? RestartSec=0s ?

What is "After=network.target" ?

If my Zookeeper does not really start in 300 sec, the process will be
shutdown ?

Do you have any example of zookeeper service file ?

Because our zookeeper.service is right now:

[Unit]
Description=ZooKeeper

[Service]
Type=simple
User=zookeeper
Group=zookeeper
ExecStart=/usr/local/zookeeper-3.4.9/bin/zkServer.sh start-foreground

TimeoutSec=300

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

------------------- But I found this following on a blog:

[Unit]
Description=Apache Zookeeper
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
User=zookeeper
Group=zookeeper
SyslogIdentifier=zookeeper
Restart=always
RestartSec=0s
ExecStart=/usr/bin/zookeeper-server start
ExecStop=/usr/bin/zookeeper-server stop
ExecReload=/usr/bin/zookeeper-server restart

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Thank you very much and best regards

Adrien