Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alexander Galitski <tr...@gidro-service.ru> on 2004/02/20 10:30:36 UTC

spamc not seeing razor/pyzor/dcc while spamassassin does

Hello spamassassin-users@incubator.apache.org,

  tryed googling and searching list archives but nothing was found
  helped me alot ... so  i'll try to accurately describe my config
  (it'l be long but im trying not to miss any thing)

  qmail + qmail-scanner + spamassassin + razor2 + pyzor + dcc ... all
  versions are freshest

  the problem: spamc doesn't use razor/pyzor/dcc ... how i learned it:

  1) ran:

  cat ~triton/tar/spamassassin/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63/sample-spam.txt | spamassassin -D

  and seen that in output:

****************
        *  1.6 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 BODY: Razor2 gives confidence between 51 and 100
        *      [cf: 100]
        *  0.9 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
        *  1.8 DCC_CHECK Listed in DCC (http://rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/)
****************
  pyzor timeouted but works OK

  2) ran:
  spamd -L -x -u spamd -D -p 7830 &
  cat ~triton/tar/spamassassin/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63/sample-spam.txt | spamc -p 7830

  and the output is:
****************
logmsg: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at port 51350
logmsg: processing message <GT...@example.net> for root:509.
debug: bayes: 10033 tie-ing to DB file R/O /home/spamd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 10033 tie-ing to DB file R/O /home/spamd/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 51 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 10033 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 10033 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 10033 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Language possibly: en
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running uri tests; score so far=0
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: all '*From' addrs: sender@example.net
debug: all '*To' addrs: recipient@example.net
debug: running meta tests; score so far=0
debug: auto-learn? ham=0.1, spam=12, body-hits=0, head-hits=0
debug: auto-learn: currently using scoreset 0.  no need to recompute.
debug: auto-learn? no: learner indicated spam (1000 > 1)
debug: is spam? score=1000 required=5 tests=GTUBE
logmsg: identified spam (1000.0/5.0) for root:509 in 0.3 seconds, 799 bytes.
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:30:00 +0200
From: Sender <se...@example.net>
To: Recipient <re...@example.net>
Subject: *** SPAM: Test spam mail (GTUBE)

This is the GTUBE, the
        Generic
        Test for
        Unsolicited
        Bulk
        Email

If your spam filter supports it, the GTUBE provides a test by which you
can verify that the filter is installed correctly and is detecting incoming
spam. You can send yourself a test mail containing the following string of
characters (in upper case and with no white spaces and line breaks):

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X

You should send this test mail from an account outside of your network.
****************

it does not tell anything about helper apps ... nothing ...

my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.conf:
****************
skip_rbl_checks         1
required_hits           5
#use_terse_report       1
dns_available           yes
rewrite_subject         1
spam_level_stars        1
subject_tag             *** SPAM:
####report_header               1
report_safe             0
ok_languages            en ru
use_razor2              1
razor_config            /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf

trusted_networks        192.168.0.

whitelist_from *@subscribe.ru
whitelist_from citialerts.russia@citibank.com
whitelist_from *@trainings.ru
****************

user spamd has home dir and ~spamd/.razor is symlink to /etc/razor

/etc/razor is owned by root.spamd and is group-readable ...

what else can i tell ... spamc is NOT using helper apps ... HOW can i
fix it????

---
with best regards, Alexander Galitski
Gidro-Service, http://www.gidro-service.ru/
phone: 8(095)105-7567

Re: spamc not seeing razor/pyzor/dcc while spamassassin does

Posted by tBB <tb...@hideout.ath.cx>.
Now that was a great idea to include the GTUBE test in the mail (see
below why) :) No, seriously - please dont do that because it overrides
even the SA-Mailinglist whitelisting (not only at my system I assume).

Best wishes, Nico

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:30:36 +0300
Alexander Galitski <tr...@gidro-service.ru> wrote:

> SpamAssassin at Router.hideout.ath.cx has identified this mail as Spam.
>
> Content analysis details:   (899.5 points, 7.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- -------------------------------------------
>  1.2 RM_bwm_Generic         BODY: mentions a generic
>  0.3 RM_bw_Generic          BODY: Body mentions a generic product of some kind
>  0.3 L_b_Generic            BODY: Body mentions a generic (RM)
> 1000 GTUBE                  BODY: Generic Test for Unsolicited Bulk Email
>  0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_45        BODY: {4}Letter - punctuation - {5}Letter
> -4.9 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>                             [score: 0.0000]
>  0.5 MY_NO_QU               BODY: Q without a U
> -100 USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO   User is listed in 'whitelist_to'
>  0.4 FVGT_m_MULTI_ODD       FVGT - contains multiple odd letter combinations
>  1.1 FVGT_m_MULTI_ODD2      Contains multiple odd letter combinations

- Mailto: tbb@hideout.ath.cx
- No HTML mails please