Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by deepya <m_...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/03/29 12:50:03 UTC

a doubt regarding an appropriate file system

Hi,
  I am doing a project scalable storage server to store images.Can Hadoop
efficiently support this purpose???Our image size will be around 250 to 300
KB each.But we have many such images.Like the total storage may run upto
petabytes( in future) at present it is in gigabytes.
   We want to access these images via apache server.I mean,is there any
mechanism that we can directly talk to hdfs via apache server???

I went to one of the post here and got to know that rather than using FUSE
it is better to use HDFS API.That is fine.But they also mentioned that
mozilefs will be more appropriate.

Can some one please clarify why mozilefs is more appropriate.Cant hadoop be
used.How is mozile more advantageous.Can you suggest which filesystem would
be more appropriate for the project I am doing at present.

Thanks in advance

SreeDeepya