Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/07/01 11:17:36 UTC

Banners

Hi everyone,

Well the deadline is up... Just remembered :)
We don't have many entries: 3 persons sent in banners.
They are all at:
http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/

I guess we could use all of them... Or should we give more time?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Banners

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 19:16 01.07.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>It's Mark Fowler I think, I saw his name someplace.
>>
>>really? Well, I should ask to be sure.
>
>I'm not sure which banner you are talking about but this banner:
>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/2shortplanks.gif
>has been made by: Marie Simpson <ma...@profero.com>, Profero
>and should be credited to her.

Ok, sorry, it's just that 2shortplanks is Mark Fowler. Marie Simpson will
be credited of course :)

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>
>>> Also on the page which will list the banners need to add a request
>>> for people to submit new banners.
>>>
>>> I should figure out whom to credit for the banner I got from
>>> #axkit-dahut.
>>

>> It's Mark Fowler I think, I saw his name someplace.
>

> really? Well, I should ask to be sure.

I'm not sure which banner you are talking about but this banner:
http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/2shortplanks.gif
has been made by: Marie Simpson <ma...@profero.com>, Profero
and should be credited to her.

Thanks!

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: Banners

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 12:30 01.07.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Hi everyone,
>>Well the deadline is up... Just remembered :)
>>We don't have many entries: 3 persons sent in banners.
>>They are all at:
>>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/
>>I guess we could use all of them... Or should we give more time?
>
>I think we should just start using what we have and announce on the list
>that we are still open for the new banners, without specifying any deadlines.
>
>And send the current URL to the list, so others can see. May be it'll
>tease them if they aren't satisfied with what they saw.

Yes, agreed.

>Also on the page which will list the banners need to add a request for
>people to submit new banners.
>
>I should figure out whom to credit for the banner I got from #axkit-dahut.

It's Mark Fowler I think, I saw his name someplace.

>while we are it, all 3 banners seem ok to me, but this one:
>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/ashley.gif
>because the apache logo was messed up here. the
>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/ashley2.gif
>is fine though.

Yes, that's ok.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:

>>I guess we could use all of them... Or should we give more time?
>

> Well surely we have infinite time?  After all, will we ever reject a good
> banner?

no, not at all, the more the better. But we needed the initial pressure
to get the first few done, which I think we have achieved successfully.

RE: Banners

Posted by "Jonathan M. Hollin" <ne...@digital-word.com>.
> Well the deadline is up... Just remembered :)
> We don't have many entries: 3 persons sent in banners.
> They are all at:
> http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/

Good efforts from all who have submitted - they all look great.

> I guess we could use all of them... Or should we give more time?

Well surely we have infinite time?  After all, will we ever reject a good
banner?

Jonathan M. Hollin
WYPUG
http://wypug.pm.org/