Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Samuel Cox <cr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 23:28:28 UTC

Jackrabbit support (paid or otherwise)

We're creating a decent-sized dependency on a functioning JSR-170
implementation (Jackrabbit).  As such, we're curious about the level of
support we can get.

I'm unaware of anything outside of what is published from the Jackrabbit
site (this mailing list).  Does anyone else know of anything else?

Thanks.

--
Samuel Cox

Re: Jackrabbit support (paid or otherwise)

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1
Christophe

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Philipp Bunge <bu...@crimson.ch>.
Hi Samuel

> We're creating a decent-sized dependency on a functioning JSR-170
> implementation (Jackrabbit).  As such, we're curious about the level of
> support we can get.
>
> I'm unaware of anything outside of what is published from the Jackrabbit
> site (this mailing list).  Does anyone else know of anything else?

Probably the only commercial provider of a dedicated JSR-170
implementation is Day with their CRX product [1]. CRX is essentially a
repackaged Jackrabbit with additional tools, a (pretty neat) TAR based
PersistenceManager and commercial support. Day actually lead the
JSR-170 and JSR-283 specifiications and a lot (most?) of the
Jackrabbit developers actually work there.

There are some other products that have JCR support, but the level and
quality of implementation is rather mixed, IMHO [2]

Cheers,
Philipp

[1] http://www.day.com/day/en/products/crx.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks#Other_JCR_implementations