Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> on 2017/02/08 07:33:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating (RC3)

Hello Incubator PMC (IPMC),

The Apache HAWQ community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating (source only release).

We kindly request that the IPMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

The PPMC VOTE thread is here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ac664618426411fa2021b2b36b4ce42f9d5bc505a9aa8d901c14fbbd@%3Cdev.hawq.apache.org%3E

The PPMC VOTE RESULT is here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4463b3f7bee2d7e3e10e71fe01ce70348bd23a493e00d08730343eea@%3Cdev.hawq.apache.org%3E

All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with:
  fixVersion = 2.1.0.0-incubating
A complete JIRA list can be reviewed here:
*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318826&version=12338900

The tag to be voted on: 2.1.0.0-incubating-rc3
*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=12c7df017551f1c3b0deb38c7243db3e018ef62c

Git release branch:
*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/2.1.0.0-incubating

Source release package:
*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.1.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz

Source release verification:
* PGP Signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.1.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
* SHA256/MD5 Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.1.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha256

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.1.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.1.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS

The artifact(s) has been signed with Key ID: 57325522 ("espino@apache.org")

Build instructions are included in the project's wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+and+Install

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release. To
facilitate Apache license review and conformance, an Apache Release
Audit Tool (RAT) pom.xml file is included in the source root
directory.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Please vote:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks,
-=ed espino

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating (RC3)

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your feedback Justin. Very much appreciated.  I will be
canceling the vote.

Regards,
-=e

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be a -1 from me if there’s jars in the source release. (I’ve not
> looked yet) so IMO would be best to cancel this vote and vote on a new RC.
>
> > Looking for ways to enhance the identification of release issues as early
> > as possible, would you be willing to share the release review process you
> > follow?
>
> When review releases I always run run rat without an exclusion file -
> there a little noise but an issue like the above would show right away.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

*Ed Espino*
*espino@apache.org <es...@apache.org>*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating (RC3)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Alan,

Per your suggestion (which I agree with), I will be pulling this release
from IPMC release review consideration.  We will be updating the Apache RAT
pom.xml file to refine the exclusions of the "src/test" directory so this
visibility of the jar files will be evident.  Additionally, we will enhance
our verification steps to include searching for "jar" files throughout the
source tree.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Alan,