Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gundersen, Richard" <Ri...@london-scottish.com> on 2008/10/28 10:52:41 UTC

losing jsessionid in a cluster

Hi

I'm using URL rewriting (I can't use session cookies for certain
reasons). In my code, I have this:

<s:url id="url" value="%{#session['currentTransaction'].url}"/>

Locally, this generates my URL perfectly - preserving the jsessionid -
like this:

https://localhost/Payment/acsResponse.action;jsessionid=12DEE30A8983DF3D
151D

However on our clustered production environment (2 Tomcat servers), the
JSP generates the same url WITHOUT the jsessionid value.

Unfortunately, I really need it to be preserved because this is the URL
that we need an external website to post back to us. Because jsessionid
is being omitted, the user loses his session when he comes back...

Any help might just save my life! Thanks :)

Richard Gundersen
Java Developer

Email: richard.gundersen@london-scottish.com
Phone: 01618302398
Fax: 01618342536
London Scottish Bank plc
24 Mount Street
Manchester
M2 3LS

As a responsible corporate citizen, London Scottish Bank plc asks you to consider the environment before printing this email.

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use of the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. The information, attachments and opinions contained in this E-mail are those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those of London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any disclosure, distribution or further copying or use of this communication or the information in it or taking any action in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error please notify the Information Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and delete the message from all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications and you are advised to check any attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any loss resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of any virus as a result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business reasons. London Scottish Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

London Scottish Bank plc, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 973008 England.

Subsidiary Companies:-

London Scottish Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 233259 England.

London Scottish Broking Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 230110 England.

Robinson Way & Company Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 885896 England.

Re: losing jsessionid in a cluster

Posted by Sébastien Domergue <se...@c-s.fr>.
Hi,

on your production environment, how do you balance your request between
your tomcat servers? Do you use apache with mod_proxy, or mod_jk maybe
or anything else?
I had problems while using such architecture because of the way that
tomcat build url from values present in the http header.

Regards

Sébastien