Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel LaPrade <dl...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 22:40:13 UTC

maven2 w/ modules oddity

I have the following setup:

ProjectName:

     ---> subone

     ----> subtwo

I am getting the following error:

.....constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError : org.jdom.Element.getValue()Ljava/lang/String;

The error is thrown during test case run while spring tries to setup the
objects. The "mvn test" is run from "ProjectName" location.

If I run "mvn test" from the "subtwo", it works fine.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or missing?

Re: maven2 w/ modules oddity

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The error is thrown from jdom. Thus I'd suspect you've got multiple
versions of XML or Spring artifacts being pulled in from various
subprojects and transitive dependencies. It seems like perhaps your
subtwo project has the right artifact versions declared but then your
parent pom is using an older version that's missing a method you're
using.

Use mvn -X and check that the versions of artifacts match up to what
you're expecting, and that they're consistent -- ie you're getting the
same Spring jars, the same Jdom jars, etc in all your subprojects.

Wayne

Re: maven2 w/ modules oddity

Posted by DSL <dl...@gmail.com>.
Any one have any ideas?