Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com> on 2004/06/15 07:31:19 UTC

Re: reading excel formatting

This is something called "rich text" in excel, and is one of the more
horrific things ... It took POI a while to even get to the stage where
it wouldn't  corrupt files with rich text cells in it. I believe there
still are some issues with the combination of Rich text and 2-byte
chars.  So I dont think we have any kind of support for processing rich
text formatting.

Regards
-
Avik