Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Leonardi <pl...@aapt.com.au> on 2001/03/13 09:04:16 UTC

Error 500 Messages

Taglibs Users

I'm finding difficulty in solving an error, I'm receiving the following error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: X:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\engsys\sys\jsp\login\login.jsp(1,0) Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld : X:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\engsys\WEB-INF\web.xml

The following files have the correct paths specified within my directory
Section of code from the related files:

file path: engsys/sys/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld

<taglib>
  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
  <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
  <shortname>sys</shortname>
  <uri>/dbtaglib</uri>
  <info>
	System Engineerings Database Tag Library
  </info>
</taglib>

file path: engsys/sys/jsp/login/login.jsp
Util class path: /engsys/src/proj/process.tracking/util/

<%@ page import="src.proj.process.tracking.util.*" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld" prefix="sys" %>

file path: engsys/sys/WEB-INF/web.xml

  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>
      /dbtaglib
    </taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>
      /WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld
    </taglib-location>
  </taglib>

I have been trying to resolve this for over a day with no luck, I know it is probably a simple error but I'm having no luck with any documentation.

Any assistance/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Error 500 Messages

Posted by kidong <Ki...@public.uni-hamburg.de>.
hello,

as my experience with J2EE1.2.1 server, it will work fine as follows:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld" prefix="sys" %>

--
   <taglib>
       <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld</taglib-uri>
       <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>
--

with tomcat3.2.1, it may run as follows:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/dbtaglib.tld" prefix="sys" %>

--
   <taglib>
       <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/dbtaglib.tld</taglib-uri>

Re: Error 500 Messages

Posted by Frank Peters <f....@globrain.org>.
Hi,

Peter Leonardi schrieb:
[...]

> I'm finding difficulty in solving an error, I'm receiving the following error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: X:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\engsys\sys\jsp\login\login.jsp(1,0) Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld : X:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\engsys\WEB-INF\web.xml

[...]

> <taglib>
>   <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
>   <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
>   <shortname>sys</shortname>
>   <uri>/dbtaglib</uri>
>   <info>
>         System Engineerings Database Tag Library
>   </info>
> </taglib>

First, I don't think you need an <uri>...</uri> here. I don't think it
will hurt, though.

Try <%@ taglib uri="/dbtaglib" prefix="something" %> instead.

> I have been trying to resolve this for over a day with no luck, I know it is probably a simple error but I'm having no luck with any documentation.
>
> Any assistance/insight would be greatly appreciated.

HTH

Frank Peters