Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2012/10/01 20:12:01 UTC

Moving Files Around in iOS repo

The result of the email thread "Supporting multiple projects on iOS", is
that we want the bin/create script to copy the CordovaLib directory into
the created project.

This:
1. Fixes the issue of not being able to open multiple cordova projects at
the same time due to Xcode not opening the same sub-project multiple times.
2. Makes it so the project doesn't break if the cordova directory moves.
3. Brings things closer to the cordova-client directory structure

To achieve this, I'd like to change the bin/create script to:
mkdir -p $NEW_PROJECT/platforms/ios/2.1.0
cp -r CordovaLib $NEW_PROJECT/platforms/ios/2.1.0

However, I don't want to copy in everything that is currently in
CordovaLib. I'd like to leave out:
CordovaLibApp/
CordovaLibTests/
CordovaTests.xcodeproj/
Makefile
javascript/

To make this easier, I thought I'd just move these files/dirs out of the
CordovaLib directory within our repo. This would make our
incubator-cordova-ios directory look like:
CordovaLib/
bin/
guide/
hooks/
CordovaLibTests/
CordovaLibTests/CordovaLibApp
CordovaLibTests/CordovaTests.xcodeproj

It looks to me that Makefile and javascript are unused, so we can just
delete these two.

Sound good?

Re: Moving Files Around in iOS repo

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.