Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Tedman Leung <te...@sfu.ca> on 2008/12/24 18:54:02 UTC

CXF 2.1.3 wsdl generation anomalie

I've got some unexpected results from the generated WSDL when one of the
parameters to the web service happens to be a ws parameter from another
server (also exposed as a ws).

I have 2 servers both of which provide web services the system are
identical in setup :
- jdk 1.6.0_10-b33
- cxf 2.1.3
- tomcat 6.0.18

One of the servers makes a web service call to the other server using the
exact same parameter. The resulting wsdl generated seems to include all
the methods of the second server which is really unexpected.

The flow of logic / request is as follows :
- client calls serverA web service test(Foo foo);
- serverA then calls serverB web service test(Foo foo);
- serverB has a web service method test(Foo foo) which does what ever.

ServerB starts up fine and I generated the stubs fine and it all runs.
I then copy the stubs over to ServerA and write my web service method
which is essentially just a pass through / proxy to server B in this case.
The parameter for the method test(Foo foo), the object Foo is the class
which was generated client stubs from serverB.

This causes the WSDL on serverA to now look like the WSDL on serverB. It
doesn't really make any sense at all. If I remove that parameter, the wsdl
looks like I expect, i.e. none of the other methods and variables from
serverB appear.

Is it a known bad thing to pass some one elses web service parameter as
your own? or is this a bug in cxf?
--
                                                           Ted Leung
                                                           tedman@sfu.ca