Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by mathias salle <ma...@hp.com> on 2001/09/11 12:02:58 UTC

Clarification for org.apache.soap.messaging.Message method send()

Hi,

In org.apache.soap.messaging.Message method send(java.net.URL url, java.lang.String actionURI, Envelope env) , what is the role of actionURI, in the javadoc, it says: "the value of the SOAPAction header", I don't really understand what it means?

Re: Clarification for org.apache.soap.messaging.Message method send()

Posted by Andreas Ullmann <an...@mathema.de>.
In the case that your message is transportet via several intermediaries,
the actionURI determines the "final" URI to which you want talk to.

Posted by Andreas Ullmann <an...@mathema.de>.

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
The SOAP spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508) which Apache
SOAP implements discusses the SOAPAction value as a way for the client to
indicate to the server what action ought to tbe taken.  When the transport
used is HTTP, this parameter is passed as a HTTP header.  see section 6.1
of the spec.

hth
cheesr
dim