Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch> on 2000/09/12 22:54:12 UTC

Re: Cocoon 1.8.0? (was: Re: Basic how-to)

Donald Ball wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Sebastien Koechlin wrote:
>
> > I wrote:
> >
> > > It's a well known and old bug in 1.7.4, you can :
> >
> > Is there a todo list of things to add or solve before having a
> > new version of Cocoon 1? Cocoon 1.7.4 is nearly 4 month old.
> > There is a lot of new stuff and it will be more and more
> > paintful to swith.
>
> I concur. I say release the beast. Last time I recall we voted, Ricardo
> had asked us to wait for some new docs but Stefano said docs can come
> later. Stefano, you want to get this party rolling?

I cross post this to the dev list, too.

The fact that I'm not up to date with the current C1 status and that I
have no idea if the docs from Ricardo has been commited and if you,
Donald, think that the code base is ready to go then here is my +1 for
it.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Re: Cocoon 1.8.0? (was: Re: Basic how-to)

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.

Stefano Mazzocchi schrieb:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Donald Ball wrote:

> > > I concur. I say release the beast. Last time I recall we voted, Ricardo
> > > had asked us to wait for some new docs but Stefano said docs can come
> > > later. Stefano, you want to get this party rolling?
> >
> > I cross post this to the dev list, too.
> >
> > The fact that I'm not up to date with the current C1 status and that I
> > have no idea if the docs from Ricardo has been commited and if you,
> > Donald, think that the code base is ready to go then here is my +1 for
> > it.
>
> +1, let's do it. Ricardo: whatever docs you had in mind, we'll have
> other releases don't worry.
>
> I'd love somebody else to pick the ball... it's time you guys learn how
> to do it, you are old enough ;-) Older than me anyway :)

Of course we are, young man ;)

Seriously, I remember you asked Robin to do the release, right?

How about that, Robin.

If you don't want to do it, I have no fears to crash locus :))

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Re: Cocoon 1.8.0? (was: Re: Basic how-to)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:

> > > Is there a todo list of things to add or solve before having a
> > > new version of Cocoon 1? Cocoon 1.7.4 is nearly 4 month old.
> > > There is a lot of new stuff and it will be more and more
> > > paintful to swith.
> >
> > I concur. I say release the beast. Last time I recall we voted, Ricardo
> > had asked us to wait for some new docs but Stefano said docs can come
> > later. Stefano, you want to get this party rolling?
>
> I cross post this to the dev list, too.
>
> The fact that I'm not up to date with the current C1 status and that I
> have no idea if the docs from Ricardo has been commited and if you,
> Donald, think that the code base is ready to go then here is my +1 for
> it.

+1, let's do it. Ricardo: whatever docs you had in mind, we'll have
other releases don't worry.

I'd love somebody else to pick the ball... it's time you guys learn how
to do it, you are old enough ;-) Older than me anyway :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.