Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by LEON FAGER <de...@swcp.com> on 2014/04/27 01:56:18 UTC

desktop icon shortcut`

i downloaded Apache Open Office and it seemed to download ok. But i
cannot seem to get a shortcut icon on my desktop as i had on another
computer where i could open and it would ask me if i wanted a text
document, etc. Could you please tell me how to do this?
Many Thanks,
Leon Fager

Re: desktop icon shortcut`

Posted by Girvin Herr <gi...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 04/27/2014 05:02 AM, James Knott wrote:
> LEON FAGER wrote:
>> i downloaded Apache Open Office and it seemed to download ok. But i
>> cannot seem to get a shortcut icon on my desktop as i had on another
>> computer where i could open and it would ask me if i wanted a text
>> document, etc. Could you please tell me how to do this?
>> Many Thanks,
>> Leon Fager
> You don't mentioned what operating system you're using, but it's
> certainly easy enough in Windows.  Just work your way through the Start
> menu until you find the OpenOffice icon.  Then right click on it and
> select Send to > Desktop.

It is even easier in KDE4.  ...right-click on it and select "Add to
desktop".
(Replace "Start menu" with "K menu".)
HTH
Girvin Herr

Re: desktop icon shortcut`

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Re: desktop icon shortcut`

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:56:18 -0000, LEON FAGER <de...@swcp.com> wrote:

> i downloaded Apache Open Office and it seemed to download ok. But i
> cannot seem to get a shortcut icon on my desktop as i had on another
> computer where i could open and it would ask me if i wanted a text
> document, etc. Could you please tell me how to do this?

well, first of all, you should install it (usually by double-clicking on the downloaded file). Have you done that? if yes, then it must be in the start menu (the headers of your message suppose you use windows 7). you may also search for 'soffice' on your disk and create a shortcut for the 'soffice.exe' file that you hopefully find.