Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/11/15 21:40:54 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS

On 15 Nov 1998 coar@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   +  * Move authentication username (Basic) out of the conn_rec and into the
>   +    request_rec where it belongs.

The generic problem here is subrequests and the lack of clean/clear
methods of inheriting information across them.  This problem shows its
face in many different ways... one of the most obvious is the duplication
of code amidst all the variants of subrequest creation, and the bugs that
plagued us particularly during 1.1 -> 1.2.  (I think we're OK now, but
every so often another little subtle subreq/internal redirect bug rears
its head.)

Dean