Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Glenn Barnard <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/01 21:38:00 UTC

Character Translation

Is there any way to determine via the JDBC which code page is being used for
character translation? My DBA swears we're using ISO-8859-1, but character
0x96 keeps coming out as 0x13.

Thanks!

Re: Character Translation

Posted by Ben Hall <bh...@internap.com>.
I'm not sure of the answer with regards to JDBC but I recently had a
similar problem when I moved to a new server where the OS had a different
default charset from what I had been using on the old server.  To handle
the problem I run the java processes with LANG="en_US.ISO8859-1" as the
charset.  I could be way off.

Ben