Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bruno Lavoie <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/20 15:41:11 UTC

mod_perl2 + MIME::Lite + segmentation fault (11)

Hello,

I dont know if its the good place but I try. I'm using from a while the
MIME::Lite module to send mail via my perl scripts, perl cgi under modperl2
on perlrun mode.

yesterday a found in my apache error log file a lot of line like this:
[Tue Apr 19 16:38:33 2005] [notice] child pid 2220 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

after investigations: restarting apache, checking problematic
scripts........ etc. we found that only one line can make this segmentation
fault:

use MIME::Lite;

when I comment it out, no segmentation fault! why? is it mod_perl? the
module? I suspect the module because I use other modules and: no problems!

Here is my configuration details:
Debian 3.0 Sarge (Testing)
libapache2-mod-perl2 1.999.21-1
perl 5.8.4-8
apache2 2.0.53-5

any ideas or suggestions?
thanks
Bruno

Re: mod_perl2 + MIME::Lite + segmentation fault (11)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Bruno Lavoie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I dont know if its the good place but I try. I'm using from a while the
> MIME::Lite module to send mail via my perl scripts, perl cgi under modperl2
> on perlrun mode.
>
> yesterday a found in my apache error log file a lot of line like this:
> [Tue Apr 19 16:38:33 2005] [notice] child pid 2220 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)
>
> after investigations: restarting apache, checking problematic
> scripts........ etc. we found that only one line can make this segmentation
> fault:
>
> use MIME::Lite;
>
> when I comment it out, no segmentation fault! why? is it mod_perl? the
> module? I suspect the module because I use other modules and: no problems!
>
> Here is my configuration details:
> Debian 3.0 Sarge (Testing)
> libapache2-mod-perl2 1.999.21-1
> perl 5.8.4-8
> apache2 2.0.53-5
>
> any ideas or suggestions?

I did a simple test and it works fine, but than you report lacks too many
details to be able to reproduce the setup and the problem. Bruno, please
submit a new proper problem report as explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ and don't forget a test script and the
backtrace of the segmentations fault. Thanks.