Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 15:31:36 UTC

Configure pom for build

Hi All,
        I am a newbie to this forum and Maven would like your valuable
advise mavenizing my companies projects. I am trying to accomplish the
following and I  am doing my home work. I would like to know an efficient
way of doing them. I am using Maven 3.x

1)Log to a file the flow of steps from Maven execution.( Is there an
alternative to ant echo in Maven)
 I dont want to use  [* mvn clean install  > log.file* ]

2) Does Maven accept custom arguments from command line? something like
-Darguments

3)Backup files using pom.

4) Do checksum in Maven.

RE: Configure pom for build

Posted by "Lyons, Roy" <Ro...@cmegroup.com>.
if you are in a unix-like environment, for the logfile you can use 'tee'

mvn clean install 2>&1 | tee log.file

that will display it to the screen and put it into your logfile.

> 1)Log to a file the flow of steps from Maven execution.( Is there an
> alternative to ant echo in Maven)
>  I dont want to use  [* mvn clean install  > log.file* ]

I am unaware of any way to do this and use "... > log.file" if I need to do this.

> 2) Does Maven accept custom arguments from command line? something
> like -Darguments

Yes.

> 3)Backup files using pom.

What does "backup files" mean? Why would you need to do this?

> 4) Do checksum in Maven.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=maven+checksum+plugin

Wayne

Re: Configure pom for build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> 1)Log to a file the flow of steps from Maven execution.( Is there an
> alternative to ant echo in Maven)
>  I dont want to use  [* mvn clean install  > log.file* ]

I am unaware of any way to do this and use "... > log.file" if I need
to do this.

> 2) Does Maven accept custom arguments from command line? something like
> -Darguments

Yes.