Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2004/03/03 03:47:27 UTC

interdependencies in the repo

Hi,

I can remember reading a few threads about this in the past.  Can someone give
me a heads up about where this is going.

The reactor works out compile sequence for components in your workspace.  What
about when the components are released and in your repo?

We have sql scripts that execute for each ejb project.  Due to the reactor these
are executed in the correct sequence when the files are on the fs.  We are
changing our sql plugin so it can execute the appropriate sql script but from a
specified version in the repo.  When we do an ejb:install, it also versions the
sql script and installs the script in the repo.  As work is completed, more of
our ejbs migrate to released versions in the repo and so it isn't neccessary to
keep the sources in your workspace.  Eventually, we will have only the ear
project on the fs, specifing dependencies on the compiled ejb-jars in the repo.
  What we'd like to happen is the sql scripts are executed in the correct
sequence from the repo calculated from the inter-dependencies in the poms in the
repo rather than from files that match **/project.xml.

Is this sort of functionality planned?

BTW, the plugin were working on was based on the SQL plugin posted by Jason
Chaffe.  We've modified this plugin significantly and would like to make
features available to others.  AFAICT the sql plugin never made it to mainstream
maven and the related Jira issue was deleted.

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg07496.html

Does anyone know Jason Chaffe's email?

cheers
Nathan