Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/04/04 17:33:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1) - rc1 is dead

Here's my 0.02 c.

The process is owrking well as (I think it was Rakesh) that
identified something odd about the binaries.  We should not have both
artifacts (2.0-M4 and 2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT) in the binaries.

As release manager I am not comfortable releasing these and I'm
concerned about where they got picked up and will investigate this.

I will work today to spin up a corrected set of binaries that
addresses the issues we've been discussing (buildability, etc.)

I have to say that every release is a learning experience.  So, for
my part doing this once a month has been useful as it flushes out a
new set of issues.  Geronimo is so dependent on external projects
that we are in a unique (and difficult) position from a release
standpoint as our dependent projects do not release in a coordinated
fashion.

I have a check list of how to build and am augmenting it with a list
of things to look for...something new every time :)

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1) - rc1 is dead

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
So moving forward is reproducibility of our milestone builds always
going to be an issue?  I think this is pretty ridiculous that this is
such a painful process and I understand Matt's frustration.

Does any one know if Maven is using us as a case-study and working
toward addressing some of our major concerns? If not, do we look
toward another build solution in the future?

-sachin