Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Teemu Kanstrén <te...@mail.student.oulu.fi> on 2003/12/11 21:08:41 UTC

socket read timeout

Hello all,

 I have been using your XML-RPC package. It is great software, so thanks
:).
And sorry to bug you on your dev-list.

And now to complain :)..

 Could you please add support for setting the socket read timeout for the
XmlRpcClientLite? For XmlRpcClient I see its not really possible unless
you use the vendor specific properties and have jdk 1.4. But I browsed the
archives and there has been requests and questions on this before for the
Lite version. None had received any real answer though (they were on the
user list). I looked at the CVS sources too, and couldnt see it in the
latest changes. They seemed to be moving to use some kind of transport
classes but still couldnt find a way to set this in there either. Didnt
probably look close enough though.

 Am I wrong or could you just add a method like setSoTimeout(int value) to
the XmlRpcClientLite class that could be used to set the timeout. Then
call the socket.setSOTimeout() with the value given every time you create
a new socket. Or is there some reason this would not work? Seems like not
much work to me or that it would bother anyone in there. For me it would
be a great help.

Thanks,

-Teemu