Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Cramer <da...@fastcrypt.com> on 2001/10/14 14:06:35 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 Final classpath and XML Parsers

Hi All,

I have followed the directions in the docs and placed xerces in the lib
directory of the webapp, but I still get this error

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
        at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFact
ory.java:152)

My line of code which is producing this error is:

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory =
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

It looks to me like crimson is being loaded instead of my xerces.jar in
my web app.  Could this be related to the jaxp classloading problem
found in the tomcat4 faq?  Does anyone know of the solution to this
problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Dave