Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/30 21:41:43 UTC

[Maven1] linkcheck plugin

Hi there,

Regarding the linkcheck plugin under Maven 1.0.2, I've got this following
exception:
Checking link http://www.google.com
Error getting URI host
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Redirect from host
www.google.com to www.google.ca is not supported
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.checkValidRedirect(HttpM
ethodBase.java:1243)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRedirectResponse(
HttpMethodBase.java:1191)

It's coming from Jakarta Commons and AFAIK, Maven uses the version 2.0.
I found a similar bug report at Jira:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1353
but without explication or comment about the solution!

Moreover, I found this following thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg059
48.html

My question is:
What is the road map for HTTPClient?

Thanks a lot!

Vincent

Re: [Maven1] linkcheck plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Quoting Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>:

> It's coming from Jakarta Commons and AFAIK, Maven uses the version 2.0.
> I found a similar bug report at Jira:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1353
> but without explication or comment about the solution!

This fix was made on the Maven core, with a workaround to chase down redirects.

We'll upgrade to httpclient 3.0 across the board when it finally gets released.
I have no idea when that is - they should be fairly close.

Cheers,
Brett

RE: [Maven1] linkcheck plugin

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I think that we must wait for an httpClient 3.0 final release to upgrade it.
The RC2 is actually available and we can hope that the final release will be available soon.

Arnaud