Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Nir Sopher <ni...@qwilt.com> on 2017/01/19 13:36:19 UTC

Parametrized traffic-server configuration

Hi all,

I want to run a traffic-server on a server running another web server
simultaneously.
However, as traffic server listens by default on IP 0.0.0.0, the two web
server collide.

In order to solve this issue, I am trying to use proxy-local-incoming-ip-
to-bind
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#proxy-local-incoming-ip-to-bind>
at
records.config file.
The main issue is that the value of the parameter changes from server to
server.
I would therefore want to add a parameter to the profile using a variable:
- configuring "LOCAL proxy-local-incoming-ip-to-bind" to be something like
 "STRING *${ip-address}*".

Is such an ability supported?

Thanks,
Nir

Re: Parametrized traffic-server configuration

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
make that a third...

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.