Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Studio Salvemini <xx...@tin.it> on 2000/11/29 10:25:49 UTC

Bugrat does not work (and I have a bug to submit) :^(

Please help me, I have the following problem and the bugrat report didn't
work yesterday and today...

Best regards,
Fabio Vignoli
---
Fabio Vignoli  (email: xxsims@tin.it,  tel: 0039.10.6012177)
SIMS Studio di Informatica Mauro Salvemini
Via Sestri 59/1 16154 Genova (ITALY)

Tomcat 3.1
Linux RedHat 6.2 kernel 2.2.x
686

SYNOPSYS
More threads of the same servlet  share the same output stream

DESCRIPTION
When more threads of the same servlet are running it seems that they share
 the same output stream when called by a Java applet through a simple HTTP
connection.

Suppose for instance a long connection to a DB:
the first call is streaming back a set of records retrieved by the
database.   A second connection is requested from the same applet and the
output stream   happens to be the same as the one of the first thread. This
strange behaviour     cause some problems :^(...

Is it a known bug ? (better is it a bug ?)
I did not find anything on the bug reports ...

WORKAROUND
I changed the servlet implenting the SingleThreadModel interface. The
behaviuor does not apply anymoure but I have
only one thread of the servlet at a time, and I need more simultaneous
connection to be satisfied.