Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de> on 2009/04/02 17:15:33 UTC

stack overflow in wicket-autocomplete.js

Hi,

I have a problem with onfocus behaviour of autocompletetextfields in IE. The
stackoverflow exists in Firefox as well, but IE pops up an error dialog in the
users face, otherwise i would just ignore this.

The code causing the stack overflow is in line 100-110:

obj.onfocus=function(event){
            if (cfg.showListOnFocusGain) {
		if (mouseactive==1) return killEvent(event);
                if (cfg.showCompleteListOnFocusGain) {
                    updateChoices(true);
                } else {
                    updateChoices();
                }
            }
          	if(typeof objonfocus=="function")objonfocus.apply(this,[event]);
        }

When i move the focus to the field in question, the last if statement always
evaluates to true,  and the code block is entered again. is there a way to fix
this or to prevent IE from showing that annoying dialog? the stackoverflow
error is nothing nice, but i could live with it, because the component is
working allright. its just the error dialog which bugs me.

thanks for reading,
lutz

Re: stack overflow in wicket-autocomplete.js

Posted by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de>.
i just downloaded and upgraded our project to rc4 and it seems the patch ist
still needed. i could not find a corresponding jira issue.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
dont know exactly what the status is
can you check the current code? and see if a patch is still needed?
is there a jira issue for this?

Posted by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de>.

Posted by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de>.
It works now. i noticed that in line 49-50 al the objonXXX vars are declared,
minus the one which is used in the offending codeblock: objonfocus. So i just
tried adding

var objonfocus;

in line 55. and it worked :) yay!
it would be nice if you coul add this in svn.

lutz

Posted by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de>.
Sorry no patch yet, problem popped up just yesterday, and i wanted to consult
the mailinglist first before investigating further.

lutz

Posted by Lutz Müller <lu...@combase.de>.
can i get a quick update on this matter? is the patch i supplied going to be
applied to trunk?

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.