Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ted Gaunt <Te...@LucidTechnique.com> on 2006/06/02 14:13:42 UTC

Poi-HSSF support for Excel Macros

I'm very interested in using POI-HSSF to modify existing instances of excel,
which already have a lot of embedded macros, formatting, etc.

If I load one of these with HSSF, pump it full of cell data, and then save
it . will all of the original formatting, macros, and other goodies stay
good?   I'm nervous that if HSSF doesn't support something, then it will be
lost in translation from the original.

Any experiences on this would be welcome!

Thank you,

Ted

AW: Poi-HSSF support for Excel Macros

Posted by "KHZ (SAW)" <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Ted.

Using a template with macros, filling them and then saving it under a
different name we never had problems.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.