Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/30 12:44:24 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Documentation error: TimeOut directive" on OTHER:all (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from mueller@relog.ch -----

From: mueller@relog.ch
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Sun Sep 29 19:38:43 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Documentation error: TimeOut directive" on OTHER:all

Submitter: mueller@relog.ch
Operating system: OTHER:all, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
The documentation of TimeOut says that the value
given is the max time a HTTP transfer can take.

  -Urban

--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from mueller@relog.ch -----

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Documentation error: TimeOut directive" on OTHER:all (fwd)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
The report is right.  I thought we "fixed" it such that the value given in
"TimeOut" is equal to the maximum total allowed transfer time.  I put in a
"TimeOut 5" and tried downloading a large .mov file from Hyperreal and it
certainly took longer than 5 seconds and allowed that to go all the way
through.  Since I think this is the behavior we want, I'm adding it to the bug
database.

	Brian