Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org> on 2008/02/11 00:56:23 UTC

Re: [struts] OGNL kicks major butt!

Dave Newton wrote:
> --- stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> the EL is pluggable in S2.1 and AFAICT has been abstracted out of XW2.

Is this layer something clean?  I have a handful of tags that I've built
that have to capture the attribute string arg, and at evaluation time
evaluate them all (when failing, populating with either the arg string
itself or sane defaults).  It seems there must be a cleaner design.  If
this abstraction is clean, maybe it's the model I'm looking for...

Where would I look to learn about it?

> The OGNL here is buried in the S2.0/XW1 parameters interceptor and the
> corresponding S2 documentation for handling lists is in type conversion.

I'll guess that this is where I should start looking :-)

-Dale

Re: [struts] OGNL kicks major butt!

Posted by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org>.
Dale Newfield wrote:
> tags [...] have to capture the attribute string arg, and at evaluation time
> evaluate them all (when failing, populating with either the arg string
> itself or sane defaults).

Just to clarify:  This process is straight forward (and I think all
those steps have to happen somehow), but the way I'm doing it now makes
for lots of ugly cut and paste coding that seems error-prone.

-Dale