Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/30 16:40:48 UTC

Wrong URL after deploying a plugin in a remote repository

This is what I did:

1) Downloaded Jmeter-2.2.jar and the POM file.
2) Deployed to a remote repository.
3) Downloaded the maven-jmeter-plugin and deployed in the same remote
repository.
4) In the project that I need it, I have added the dependency and the build
section in my POM (just as the wiki said).
5) When I run mvn -U clean install I got an error saying that the artifact
cannot be resolved.

The thing is that the URL where it should be the plugin is wrong. Look:
The right URL should be:
http://server/projects/maven/org/apache/jmeter/maven-jmeter-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-jmeter.plugin.jar
But, the actual URL is:
http://server/var/www/projects/maven/org/apache/jmeter/maven-jmeter-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-jmeter.plugin.jar

It adds a /var/www which refers to the physical place:
/var/www/project/maven/ ... etc

The weird is that the jmeter-2.2.jar file downloads correctly, and both have
been deployed with almost the same parameters:

Jmeter:
-------
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.jmeter -DartifactId=jmeter
-Dversion=2.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=jmeter-2.2.jar
-DrepositoryId=internal.repo -DpomFile=jmeter-2.2.pom
-Durl=file:///var/www/projects/maven

The plugin:
-----------
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.jmeter
-DartifactId=maven-jmeter-plugin -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=maven-jmeter-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-DrepositoryId=internal.repo -DpomFile=pom.xml
-Durl=file:///var/www/projects/maven

Is this some kind of known issue?

Thanks in advice.

Re: Wrong URL after deploying a plugin in a remote repository

Posted by mateamargo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.
The command "mvn help:effective-pom" showed me a pluginRepository with that
wrong URL in the super POM (which I didn't have access to it).

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.