Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk> on 1996/10/23 15:35:19 UTC

Solved. Re: Weird Solaris stuff

Thanks for all the replies.  It turned out that it was to do with the
MTU path discovery; presumably because there is some broken (or at least
non-compliant) router in the way.  This can be turned off my the
following command

/usr/sbin/ndd -set /dev/ip ip_path_mtu_discovery 0

as mentioned in section 5.19 of the Solaris 2.x FAQ.  Presumably,
anybody who doesn't have this set and uses the internet is asking for
trouble.  We've had a number of different people complaining about not
being able to access our site.  I know this helped in one case, and hope
it will in all the others too.

Cheers

Mike

Putting the date into the referer log.

Posted by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk>.
I would like to put the date into my referer logs.  It's a pretty
easy change to make to mod_log_referer.c, and I include a patch to
show what I've done (this is my first attempt to hack the server
so sorry if it breaches any guidelines).  If this is not considered
a suitable way to implement such a feature, then any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael Smith

174a175,178
>     time_t now;
>     struct tm *date;
>     char s[80];

206a211,214

>         time(&now);
>         date=localtime(&now);
>         strftime(s,80,"%c",date);
208c216
<         str = pstrcat(orig->pool, referer, " -> ", r->uri, "\n",
NULL);
---