Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Max Zeller <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/22 23:36:19 UTC

Pull Documentation

I am new to using the Turbine Framework.

I like what I have played with this far.  Now I am starting to write up the
design specs for a production system to be released in 6 months.

>From what I have read in the mailing list archives, I should develop this
system using TDK 2.x because 3.0 continues to remain quite unstable.
However, it appears that to make the best migration to TDK 3.0 at some
point, it would be best to write the system using "Pull".

I found only a couple documents on the Turbine site related to Pull.  They
really fall short on explaining how to actually write a system using this
technique.  They are more theory than practical application.

Does anyone have any better documentation or additional information on how
to implement a system using Pull?  If so, could you please share it with me.
  I would think that if Pull is going to be widely used in TDK 3.0+ that
more information would be available to help support the user's migration to
the newest versions.

Thx!

Re: Pull Documentation

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Max Zeller" <ma...@hotmail.com> writes:

> From what I have read in the mailing list archives, I should develop
> this system using TDK 2.x because 3.0 continues to remain quite
> unstable.  However, it appears that to make the best migration to
> TDK 3.0 at some point, it would be best to write the system using
> "Pull".

The code itself in 3.0pre is actually extremely stable -- it's the
interfaces that are in flux.

> I found only a couple documents on the Turbine site related to Pull.
> They really fall short on explaining how to actually write a system
> using this technique.  They are more theory than practical application.

You definitely want to use pull.  Please elaborate on exactly what
pieces of documentation you need to implement a pull application.