Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Newcomb, Michael-P57487" <Mi...@gdc4s.com> on 2006/11/02 15:11:33 UTC

New to SVN

I'm new to SVN, but am familiar with CVS. So please bear with me as I
will probably ask some dumb questions...

When viewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory:

I see branches, releases, and trunks...

trunks/mina I assume is analagous to HEAD?

releases/mina seems to have all the versioned releases of MINA. So, do
you check out stuff under the releases/mina area? Or do you work in
another area and when you want to release 1.0.1, it gets put into
releases/mina?

branches/mina seems to have the major version numbers, but what exactly
is this for? Are each of these branches used to continue development on
the 0.8 and 1.0 branches?

Is trunks/mina 1.1?
Is branches/mina/1.0 1.0.1?

Can someone help me understand the cm strategy?

Thanks,
Michael

RE: New to SVN

Posted by "Newcomb, Michael-P57487" <Mi...@gdc4s.com>.
Does MINA use 'releases' in place of 'tags' (which is mentioned in the
SVN manual)?

You are right on.  trunk is analogous to head in CVS, and branches are,
the branches.

Here is a link to the subversion manual: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Re: New to SVN

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.