Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2017/04/24 07:11:16 UTC

Apache: Big Data North America 2017 conference

Apache Beam will be prominently featured at the upcoming Apache: Big Data
North America 2017 conference in Miami, FL [1].

Scheduled talks:
* Using Apache Beam for Batch, Streaming, and Everything in Between
  Speakers: Frances Perry, and Dan Halperin

* Apache Beam: Integrating the Big Data Ecosystem Up, Down, and Sideways
  Speakers: Davor Bonaci, and Jean-Baptiste Onofré

* Concrete Big Data Use Cases Implemented with Apache Beam
  Speaker: Jean-Baptiste Onofré

* Nexmark, a Unified Framework to Evaluate Big Data Processing Systems with
Apache Beam
  Speakers: Ismael Mejia, and Etienne Chauchot

In addition to talks, we plan to organize a birds-of-a-feather session and
social activities. Details TBD.

Everybody is welcome -- users and contributors alike! Feel free to use code
ABDSP20 to get 20% off registration fee and/or your committer code (if
applicable).

I hope to see many of your there!

Davor

[1] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/

Re: Apache: Big Data North America 2017 conference

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
What an incredible conference this year. It was nice to meet many of you --
thanks everyone!

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
If you'd like to meet at the conference, I know many of us will be in the
Balmoral room immediately after the keynote finishes on Wednesday, around
9:45 am or so, just before the first Beam talk. Come say hi!

The final schedule:

* Using Apache Beam for Batch, Streaming, and Everything in Between [1]
  Speaker: Dan Halperin
  Time: Wednesday, 10:15am - 11:05am
  Room: Balmoral

* Apache Beam: Integrating the Big Data Ecosystem Up, Down, and Sideways [2]
  Speakers: Davor Bonaci, and Jean-Baptiste Onofré
  Time: Wednesday, 11:15am - 12:05pm
  Room: Balmoral

* Concrete Big Data Use Cases Implemented with Apache Beam [3]
  Speaker: Jean-Baptiste Onofré
  Time: Wednesday, 12:15pm - 1:05pm
  Room: Balmoral

* Nexmark, a Unified Framework to Evaluate Big Data Processing Systems with
Apache Beam [4]

https://apachebigdata2017.sched.com/event/A02T/apache-beam-integrating-the-big-data-ecosystem-up-down-and-sideways-davor-bonaci-google-jean-baptiste-onofre-asf?iframe=no&w=100%&sidebar=yes&bg=no
https://apachebigdata2017.sched.com/event/A03X/nexmark-a-unified-framework-to-evaluate-big-data-processing-systems-with-apache-beam-ismael-mejia-etienne-chauchot-talend

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.