Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by anunay ashish <an...@tis.co.in> on 2003/10/04 13:37:24 UTC

Unable to access JSP page on local host

Hi,
I am using TOMCAT to host JSP pages. The directory structure is:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\Tracking_system
The page that I want to access is pageFormat.jsp inside Tracking_system
through the url: http://localhost:8080/Tracking_system/pageFormat.jsp
The web.xml file inside WEB-INF is containing only the following tag:
<web-app>
</web-app>
I am not able to access the page. Sometimes I am able to and sometimes I am
not with the error description coming as:
The requested resource (/Tracking_system/pageFormat.jsp) is not available.

In fact /Tracking_system is also not shown as a directory.

Where am I doing wrong? What is the problem?
Regards,
Anunay Ashish.

Re: Unable to access JSP page on local host

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
1 - Try reinstalling tomcat without spaces in the path
2 - Webapps don't show up as a directory under /
3 - Does localhost_log_{date}.txt say anything about the webapp? It should.

-Tim

Re: Unable to open the servlet.

Posted by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com>.
Please read my reply to your previous post on the same subject.

Posted by Ben Souther <bp...@adelphia.net>.
Have you tried hitting http://localhost:8080
to verify that tomcat is intsalled and running properly?
If it is, click through some of the example JSP apps to make sure that the
javac compiler is installed and can be found by tomcat.

I would also double check the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME evironment varibles.
You've got spaces in directory names so you have to be careful to quote the
paths when you're setting them. BTW: Did you download the "exe" version of
tomcat and let the windows intaller do the installation?  If so, is the the
default install directory now?

Have you looked at the logfiles in <tomcat_home>/logs for any error messages?

Re: Unable to run Tomcat 5.0.12

Posted by John Bell <jb...@btclick.com>.
Thanks,

I installed   jwsdp-1.2 which includes a Tomcat 5 installation .......that
must have confused the issue ..

John
Posted by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Unable to run Tomcat 5.0.12

Posted by Wade Chandler <wc...@redesetgrow.com>.
Were you running Tomcat 5.0.11 on jdk 1.4.2? I had an issue with tomcat
on that VM and switched to 1.4.1_2

Re: Unable to run Tomcat 5.0.12

Posted by John Bell <jb...@btclick.com>.

Posted by Wade Chandler <wc...@redesetgrow.com>.